IRESSSEF receives funding from several International Institutions such as Gilead, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, European Union / EDCTP, CDC, University of Oxford, GlaxoSmithKline, Global Fund / Senegal MSAS, etc.
The Institute for Health Research, Epidemiological Surveillance and Training (IRESSEF) is a non-profit public institute.
IRESSEF is located in Diamniadio, near Dakar and works in perfect collaboration with national organizations such as the Ministry of Health and Social Action, as well as research institutes, universities, governmental and non-governmental organizations in across Africa. IRESSEF also has many Western institutions among its partners.
Research & Program
West African Network of Excellence on clinical trials in HIV, TB and Malaria (WANETAM II),
- West African Network of Excellence on clinical trials in HIV, TB and Malaria (WANETAM II), works with universities and research institutes in countries such as Senegal, Gambia, Sierra Leone, Mali, Guinea Bissau, Ghana and Nigeria. WANETAM works on diseases like Ebola and neglected tropical diseases – Client: European Union \ EDCTP
DEVELOPMENT OF HIV QUALITY CONTROL PROGRAM
- Development of HIV Quality Control Program: Quality Systems Management Program for African Countries under the name: Program for African Countries Under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) – Client: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ( CDC)
STRENGTHENING HIV STRATEGIC INFORMATION ACTIVITIES.
- Strengthening of Activities relating to strategic information on HIV at the level of Senegal and under the Program called: the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) – Client: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
EBOLA CHAD3-ZEBOV VACCINE TRIAL
ChAd3-ZEBOV Ebola Vaccine Trial (Phase I and Phase II) – Client: GlaxoSmithKline & Oxford University, UK
AFRICAN VOICE AND LEADERSHIP MEETING
- African Voice and Leadership Meeting to Accelerate the Assessment of Ebola Treatments and Vaccines Potentials in West Africa, Dakar, Senegal, January 19-20, 2015 – Client: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
PRE-EXPOSURE PROPHYLAXIS (PREP) -HIV DEMONSTRATION PROJECT
Tenofovir DF / Emtricitabine (TDF / FTC) -based Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) -HIV Demonstration Project with Sex Professionals in Dakar, Senegal – Client: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
IRESSSEF is also:
- A Molecular Epidemiology Reference Center for the identification of HIV subtypes existing at national and regional level;
A West African Reference Laboratory for WHO / UNAIDS;
A Reference Center for WHO / UNAIDS;
A Center of Excellence for ASLM (African Society for Laboratory Medicine);
A Partnership Agreement with CDC to strengthen laboratories and surveillance systems in Africa.
Home to AFRIQUALAB – intends to improve the quality of laboratory services in Africa by sending and monitoring quality control tests across Africa, particularly in French-speaking countries. Experience in Network Coordination: WANETAM, RARS, AFRIQUALAB