Making IRESSEF a unique working environment to work in, in Africa
• Building research leadership through academic programs but also hands-on training
• Implementing an HDSS in Sandiara to be the first Senegalese led site registered in the INDEPTH network
• A five-year strategic plan is developed in which sustainability will be based on:
– securing domestic resources (levy from internal projects, State political support, services deliveries, etc.)
– collaboration and strategic partnership (e.g. WAGHA, WANETAM, BMGF Africa office, LSHTM, etc.)
– diversifying funding sources, information products and research approaches
– staff motivation and retention.
• Cross-cutting training to enhance professional development and scientific competency.